Our third grade class is about to begin a unit on Classifying Plants and Animals. This unit will consist of four lessons. The first two lessons will be about plants and the other two lessons will be on animals. During this unit, students will be writing posts on our Science Class Blog. This blog has been created with the necessary privacy settings so that the posts are only visible to class members and myself. I will be using the blog posts to assess students understanding at the end of the lessons.
Our second lesson on plants, will involve making a salad from vegetables that represent the parts of plants: roots, leaves, stems, seeds, fruits, and flowers. We will be making this salad during our science period and if you are interested, I would greatly appreciate a volunteer or two to help manage the materials and help this lesson run smoothly. I will be supplying the materials for the lesson. If you are interested, please leave a response as a comment to this post.
The first lesson on animals will teach students the new vocabulary for classifying the different types of animals and during the second lesson, we will be visiting the school computer lab and students will be doing research to answer a variety of questions about the types of animals.
I am excited about this unit because it involves different, fun ways to relay the important concepts for how to identify and classify the parts of plants and types of animals! I believe the students will enjoy this unit!
Our second lesson on plants, will involve making a salad from vegetables that represent the parts of plants: roots, leaves, stems, seeds, fruits, and flowers. We will be making this salad during our science period and if you are interested, I would greatly appreciate a volunteer or two to help manage the materials and help this lesson run smoothly. I will be supplying the materials for the lesson. If you are interested, please leave a response as a comment to this post.
The first lesson on animals will teach students the new vocabulary for classifying the different types of animals and during the second lesson, we will be visiting the school computer lab and students will be doing research to answer a variety of questions about the types of animals.
I am excited about this unit because it involves different, fun ways to relay the important concepts for how to identify and classify the parts of plants and types of animals! I believe the students will enjoy this unit!
No comments:
Post a Comment